Thursday, November 01, 2018

November

Hey there, November.

I can't believe there's two months left of this year. 2018's been an interesting one.

I've been listening to Christmas music all week, but I'm glad at least now it's at least a little more acceptable than before.

The cold is coming. It's supposed to snow on Sunday, the fourth. This time I think it might actually be true. It's been bitter cold and I dread winter more and more each time the temperature drops even one degree.

We hope and pray I don't drop out of school this month.

I get to go home this month. I get to see my babies, my family. I get to stuff my face with turkey and stuffing and pie. And I get to escape the cold for a little bit.

I've been pretty homesick, November. It's hard to imagine going home to not my home. I keep envisioning the holidays in my beloved childhood home, and then I'm suddenly hit with the realization that that's not home anymore. But really I just want to see my family.

I don't really know what to expect from you, November. Mostly a lot of Christmas spirit: music, Hallmark movies, food. And probably some stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment