Tuesday, September 25, 2012

begin again


can i just say, taylor swift is so amazing.  it's kind of ridiculous.  her songs are so... real.  as a little kid, i thought every song had a meaning.  like, every love song was written about a real love story and every break-up song, was written about a real break-up.  growing up, realizing more than half of songs aren't like that, was kind of a brutal wake up call for me for some reason.  they are trying to portray feelings when it's not really "real" feelings writing the lyrics.  which some of those songs i really like,

but taylor swift is so very different in that way.  all of her lyrics are real.  they express what she is feeling.  each song is about someone she loves, broke-up with, or other people's stories {such as ronan and mary's song}.  all of her songs are so very relate-able.  even if the main theme of the song has nothing to do with you whatsoever, usually at least one line ends up being so. she's just so amazing and talented and beautiful.  she is a role model of mine.  and i've looked up to her since about 2008.

and {to throw it in here} i think she was oh-so very brave to throw in WANEGBT as a pop-esque song.  a lot of people like her for being country, but, oh well, if you don't like it, it's one song, get over it.  {although i do respect your opinion} her newest songs are back to her original.

and now, don't get me wrong, taylor swift isn't the only person who writes music like this, nor is she the only person who writes her own music!  she's just one of the few who do.  and i appreciate her for this very reason.  i've liked her before i knew all this, and i've just grown to love her music even more since i found this out.  i hope you grow to love her as much as i have.

now, this morning, at 12:01, she released yet another single from her soon-to-be released album, "red."  it's called "begin again" and it's so beautiful.




here are the lyrics via with edits.

"Took a deep breath in the mirror
He didn't like it when I wore high heels, but I do
Turned the lock and put my headphones on
He always said he didn't get this song but I do, I do

"Walked in expecting you'd be late
But you got here early
And you stand and wait
I walk to you
You pulled my chair out and helped me in
And you don't know how nice that is
But I do

"And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did
I've been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

"He said he never met one girl
Who has as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

"But you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did
I've been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again

"And we walk down the block to my car
And I almost brought him up
But you start to talk about the movies
That your family watches every single Christmas
And I won't talk about that
For the first time, what's passed is past

"'Cause you throw your head back laughing like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did
I've been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end
Then on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again
Then on a Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again"

beautiful?  beautiful.  i am obsessed.  it's on repeat.  over and over and over again.  

♥, sarah

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it's so absolutely wonderfully amazing. my favorite line is "you pulled my chair out and helped me in and you don't know how nice that is..." so cute!!

      ♥, sarah

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. i know right? it's kind of sad, but mostly cute! love it!

      ♥, sarah

      Delete
  3. I FREAKING L♥VE THIS SONG!!!!! Taylor Swift is my life seriously. if anyone knows me just the slightest bit they know i L♥VE Tay-swivle. thx for posting this Sarah I owe you one!
    thx,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love taylor swift. i just had do get out of my system that i love her with all my passion.

      ♥, sarah

      Delete
  4. I like it! That is what I am talking about. I like her old style way better! Good one Sararia {feel free to call me keekeealleesnogin back}! What a cute song!
    Loves,
    Kallee
    {becausekalleeisblonde.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh keekeealleeagenschnagen... you don't even have your own name right... "keekeealleesnogin" pshhh... what are you thinking. lol. jk! that's probably what it really is, but... i like the one that makes no sense better. haha. :D

      love ya like a sista!

      ♥, sarah

      Delete
  5. I love this so much! Taylor Swift seriously is the bomb. I relate to EVERY one of her songs. Even though I'm married...this song still describes how I feel. Because I am CONSTANTLY thinking to myself, "Husband...I'm so glad you notice this about me...and love this about me...like he DIDN'T." Love it. Taylor is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t. swift is the bomb! i agree. i too relate to every song of hers. and no, i've never dated boys, but i don't even know. every song has at least one line that's just sooo... relate-able. i love her.

      my favorite line in this song is... "you pulled my chair out and helped me in and you don't know how nice that is..." because i totally love it when boys do things like that! it makes them so cute! haha. :D

      ♥, sarah

      Delete
  6. Yep...obsessed completely. I love T.Swift!

    Xo Jill

    jillianturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete